Friday, July 27th, will kick off the 2012 Olympic games in London with the ever anticipated opening ceremonies.
The Olympics are always such an exciting and inspiring time, evoking fierce national pride.
For equestrians, it’s a also a time when our sheltered sport gets a mainstream spotlight.
Equus Athletics is particularly excited about this, because our whole philosophy about riding is that it is more than a spiritual hobby between horse and human; it’s a muscle busting, nitty-gritty, sweat soaking, full-throttle sport!
We want to remind you that whether you are a trail blazing “weekend warrior”, or the next Olympic hopeful, you are an athlete!
To celebrate this, Equus Athletics wants to help you bring out the Olympian in your horse! We will be offering limited time special pricing on EquiStix for the duration of the games! Hurray!
While I’ll be routing for every athlete on Team U.S.A., I will have my eye on three of my personal favorites:
The talented and deserving Steffen Peters, from my home town San Diego;
Olympic veteran and fellow sports fan Beezie Madden;
and the adorable and dedicated teen, Reed Kessler.
Click their names to get sneak peaks into these amazing athletes’ lives with personal interview video footage of each.
Let’s meet the rest of Team U.S.A. below:
- Jan Ebeling (Moorpark, Calif.) and Rafalca, owned by Amy Ebeling, Beth Meyers, and Ann Romney
- Tina Konyot (Palm City, Fla.) and Calecto V , owned by Tina and John Byrialsen
- Steffen Peters (San Diego, Calif.) and Ravel, owned by Four Winds Farm
- Adrienne Lyle (Ketchum, Idaho) and Wizard, owned by Peggy Thomas (Individual)
- Will Coleman (Gordonsville, Va.) and Twizzel, owned by Jim Wildasin
- Tiana Coudray (Ojai, Calif.) and Ringwood Magister, owned by Jatial, Inc.
- Phillip Dutton (West Grove, Pa.) and Mystery Whisper, owned by Jim and Arden Wildasin
- Boyd Martin (Cochranville, Pa.) and Otis Barbotiere, owned by the Otis Barbotiere Syndicate
- Karen O’Connor (Ocala, Fla.) and Mr. Medicott, owned by Mr. Medicott Syndicate
- Rich Fellers (Sherwood, Ore.) and Flexible, owned by Mollie and Harry Chapman
- Reed Kessler (Lexington, Ky.) and her own Cylana
- Beezie Madden (Cazenovia, N.Y.) and Coral Reef Via Volo, owned by Coral Reef Ranch
- McLain Ward (Brewster N.Y.) and Antares F, owned by Grant Road Partners
- Charlie Jayne (Elgin, Ill.) and Chill R Z, owned by Pony Lane Farm (Traveling Reserve)
Good luck to all the athletes, and let the games begin!